Ondo Monarch Escapes Death as Unknown Gunmen Ambush Palace


Charles Nwoke, Akure, Nigeria
December 11, 2020 

Oba Samuel Fadahunsi, the Royal Father of Isinigbo community in Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, escaped death on Friday, following an attack on his palace by unidentified gunmen.

The Traditional Ruler’s palace which was raided by the hooligans was also inflamed with the traditional ruler trapped right inside the house.

The 100-years-old Oba Fadahunsi was said to have been delivered after his subordinates rallied themselves to pursue away the hoodlums.

Isinigbo and Ude, the neighboring community, had in the past few days been at gruesome disagreement over a land dispute, Isinigbo youths, demonstrating the obliteration of their domicile by Sunday Boboye, the Ajagun of Ude.

The peaceful protest which later turned aggression resulted in Boboye’s palace been razed down.

Ajagun of Ude, following the attack on his palace, reportedly fled for safety but when he returned to the community, another ambush was allegedly laid against him.

Oba Boboye explained that he secured a court judgment in 2017 that a large chunk of land sold by Isinigbo belonged to him, adding that all efforts to call the new buyers for negotiation proved abortive as they offered to pay N100,000 per plot against the N600,000 he requested from them.

Adeleye Rotimi, the Secretary of Isinigbo, on his part of the story said the community never dreamt of an attack until the armed men swooped the community through an unexpected road.

The Isinigbo Secretary revealed that Oba Fadahunsi was responding to treatment at an undisclosed hospital, but he denied allegations of offering to pay N100,000 to Boboye to permit them to remain in the disputed lands.

Following the loggerhead between Ude and Isinigbo communities of Ondo State, two persons who said they hail from Kogi State have been apprehended by men of the 32 Artillery Brigade Owena Cantonment.

The two suspects, identified as Fatai Ali, 25, and Onu Adejo, 27 who were caught with live ammunition allegedly confessed that they were hired to come to Ondo State.

They have now been handed over to the Ondo State Police Command for further investigation and possibly prosecuted.